Not all women are looking for the same thing in a relationship. Some want a casual relationship. Some want a committed relationship. And some want something somewhere in between. But, when it comes to what women want in a man, all women can pretty much agree on what they are looking for in the right guy to be in any kind of relationship with. If you are failing with women, no matter what kind of relationship you want, then you need to read this article.
The 4 Big Things Women Want In A Man
There are some big things that women want at an instinctual level. The guys who have these things are the guys who get a lot of women, so pay attention.
1. High Level Of Masculinity (With Some Feminine Traits Blended In)
All feminine women want a masculine man. There is a philosophy in life called Yinyang, which basically means that the right balance of feminine and masculine together become whole. While all people have a different level of yin or yang, finding the right balance is key to a happy relationship of any kind.
Women are naturally attracted to a man who has the right kind of energy to balance out their yin, so it just makes sense that a masculine man would attract feminine women. This is why so many women end up with jerks or bad boys. They all have that masculine aura that attracts women to them. But, you don’t have to be a jerk or a bad boy to have a masculine energy.
Masculine traits include:
Can you say you have those traits? If you do, then you probably attract women quite easily.
When it comes to a relationship, however, you need to have more than just masculine traits to satisfy a woman. This is what separates the jerk from the perfect man for a woman. The jerk displays all masculine traits and no feminine traits.
In order to win over a woman for the long run, you need to have some level of feminine traits (remember, we all have feminine and masculine traits inside of us). Sensuality, affection, and patience are some traits that will go a long way at pleasing a woman, so make sure you develop them.
2. Respect For Her Individuality
Next, women want a man who can respect them as the individual that they are. This is not up for negotiation. Women have fought long and hard to become more than just a wife or baby maker, and they need a man who can respect the qualities they bring to the table in order to be happy with the man they are with.
According to the Geohive, there are 3.4 billion women in the world. While some of those women may have the same beliefs, every one of them is an individual who deserves respect for who they are.
Therefore, show a woman a little respect. Don’t be condescending with your words. Don’t act like you are better than her. Don’t buy into the stereotypes about women and then expect a woman to live by them.
Instead, let a woman know you admire her for who she is. Point out her qualities and abilities that you like. Let her know that you want her to follow her own path in life and you respect whatever decision she makes – because it is hers to make.
What women want in a man, no matter what type of relationship they are looking for, is a sense of independence. No woman wants a needy man who depends on her for his happiness in life. It’s not sexy and it literally repels women away from you.
This is another reason jerks are so popular with women. They don’t care if the woman is there or not. They are doing their own thing and living their own life, and they don’t depend on a women to help them make decisions or take the next step. But don’t be a jerk. Be a nice guy who takes into consideration a woman’s feelings, needs, and concerns, and still can be independent enough to not come across as needy.
An independent man knows what he wants, has the determination to get it, and can make his own decisions in life. He doesn’t give up what he loves because he is in a relationship. He keeps going after the life he wants as he compromises in a relationship. He doesn’t text constantly or call constantly. And he doesn’t feel the need to check up on a woman constantly because he always has something to focus on in his own life.
But, women also want a man who makes them a priority in life, which means you can be independent and go after your goals, but don’t put everything above a woman or she will feel unappreciated and you will end up losing her very quickly.
Women need someone who can communicate with them. Just because you are a man does not mean they do not want to talk with you and understand what you want or need from them. You have to be able to properly communicate with a woman in order to make her really happy. There are some important things to master.
Listening: I’m talking about really listening, where you hear what she is saying and understand it.
Being honest: This is where you tell a woman the truth, always, no matter what type of relationship you are in. If you lie, then you will lose her respect and admiration.
Making things clear: This is all about being clear when you speak and not leaving any room for ambiguity or doubt. In other words, make sure she knows exactly what you mean when you say something. If you don’t, she will be left with questions, which will affect the relationship negatively.
14 Other Things Women Want In A Man
The above 4 things are important. They provide a woman with the satisfaction that she wants from a man, which helps make any relationship better. But there are many other things on what women want in a man. Following are 14 of them.
1. Emotional intelligence: When a man has the capacity to understand how a woman is feeling and sympathize with her, he is a rockstar in her world. He is a support system and a confident, and that strengthens the bond between him and his woman.
2. Admits weakness: No one is perfect. We all have weaknesses. Some men try to hide theirs because they have been taught that men don’t have weaknesses, but women appreciate a man who can admit their fears or weaknesses. It makes him more real and easy to connect with.
3. Playfulness: A man who can play and have fun is an attractive man to all women. It makes the relationship and life in general more fun.
4. Sexual confidence: Sex is a part of relationships, and a man who is confident in his sexuality makes a woman feel confident in his sexuality. Moreover, a man who doesn’t have any guilt around what he wants sexually is extremely attractive to women because they don’t have to guess how to please him.
5. Determined: The ability to go after what you want is an extremely sexy trait in men. Women want a man who is scared, but goes for it anyway. Women want a man who knows what he wants, and faces his fears to get it because he wants it so bad.
6. Good hygiene: This is a must. Because smell plays a big part in how much a woman wants a man, it is important to smell your best at all times. This means showering and clean clothes – bottom line.
7. Realistic optimism: No woman wants a man who is pessimistic all the time. It becomes a real drag after a while and affects them negatively to the point that they don’t want to be around the pessimism anymore. On the other hand, no woman wants a man who is optimistic about everything, even things that are not realistic, (Think Ned Flanders.) If you want to get rid of a woman, than pessimism is your biggest tool, but if you want to keep a woman, the realistic optimism is what you need.
8. Generosity: A man who is stiff with his money, time, and energy is unattractive and unappealing to women. What women want in a man is the ability to be generous – to her and to other people. Therefore, donating or helping others out should be a priority in your life if you want to attract women and keep them around.
9. Desire for growth: A man who is still living with his parents playing video games is not sexy. Personal growth is what makes a man more intelligent, aware, and well-rounded, which are all things that women want in a man. Growth means learning every day and developing more into who you want to be. It means being curious about things and then looking for answers that help relieve that curiosity. It means taking action in your life instead of sitting around and letting life happen to you. It means having goals for yourself, your health, your career, and your future, and then doing what you need to do to reach those goals. It means getting excited about your life and wanting the best out of it.
10. Enjoys Work: Working is not all about money. Men who work hard, and enjoy what they do, have a sense of satisfaction in their life. They feel more in charge of their life and so they act more in charge of their life. Moreover, working means doing something meaningful. Women respect a man who puts in the time and energy to make a difference in some way, and that is what work is all about. Everything you do at work helps someone else in some way, so it is an important part of life. If you hate working and try to get out of it as much as possible, women will question your character and willingness to do what needs to be done – and women don’t want a man who is weak and will sit out on the important things in life.
11. Romantic: Every woman wants a man who knows how to be romantic. This is why all women will sigh when a man does something sweet for another woman. All women want that done to them. Romance isn’t as hard as most men think it is. It is just a matter of knowing what she likes and doing those things. If she likes flowers, buying them can be romantic. If she likes nice baths, running a bath with a bottle of wine waiting for her can be romantic. Romance is just a matter of thinking about someone else and then acting on those thoughts.
12. Maturity: While women want a man who can play, they also want a man – not a boy. This means they want a man who acts appropriately when needed and knows how to handle himself in grown up situations where social skills are required. This comes with growth, so go back to point number 9 if you are constantly being told how immature you are.
13. Nonjudgmental: Women want a man who doesn’t find faults about their past and the way they act or live currently. There are so many men who are critical of how women have lived their lives thus far and hold it over their heads for their entire relationship. If you meet a woman, know that she has a past and her own way of living and learning, and don’t judge what she has done or where she is at according to your own beliefs and preferences in life. Women, just like men, do the best they can with what they have at the time, and – just like men, they don’t need to be told how wrong they were for doing the best that they could.
14. Offers safety: Women want a man who makes them feel safe in life. This is why the masculine trait of strength is so important. Women want to know that a man can make her feel protected, physically and mentality, and that he won’t do anything to harm her or hurt her. Abusive men don’t offer real safety, which is why women are so unhappy around them.